Extra! Extra!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Where is your God?

I don't know what you may be going through right now, but God is right there. No matter how it looks, God is there.  The word of God says know, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Take a moment and reevaluate how you have been going through your storm. Can you picture the devil fleeing because of your actions? Or is he standing before you sarcastically asking, Where is your God now?
If you chose the latter then this epiphany is for you. The good news is there is an easy solution.  Joel 2:13 says  Render your hearts and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,and he relents from sending calamity.  If you have been reading my prior blogs, you've probably begin to see a pattern, God wants you back.
If we commit ourselves to his word an honor Him, He will give us plenty. Joel 2:25 says “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm— my great army that I sent among you. What is your locust? A relationship, job, house... Like I shared with you Friday, you have to see yourself in God's word. God is saying He is going to repay you for the years that relationship ate up! He's going to repay you for the years that drug/alcohol addiction ate up! He even goes on to say in verse 26, You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,
and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed.
So let me get this straight Lord, you said first thing I need to do is come back. You are ready to forgive me and you won't punish me for running away. Not only are you going to forgive me but you are going to restore everything I lost. AAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDD, I will have so much I will be full! Jesus! Now that's my daddy right there I don't know about you.
 God is waiting for you!!! He's been with you all along. The question isn't where is your God? The question is where are you?
Dear Lord, we are running back to you today. We thank you Lord that your word says you won't punish us as an earthly parent would for running away. Rather you will, grant us grace and mercy upon arrival. You said would shower is with love and give us more than enough.  We praise you in advance father for restoring everything we lost while out in the world. We pray Lord for strength to stay in line with your word. We thank you for waiting on us, and keeping us by grace while we were away. In Jesus, name...Amen

Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment