I'm so glad to be back to this blog. There was a void in my life without it. I went on vacation and had no access to the Internet. I tried to do the blog on my phone, but it didn't workout so well. Anyway, I hope that you all have been walking in the favor and blessings of God. If you haven't begin to experience breakthrough quite yet, just hold on. Remember test and trials are only temporary.
In my prayer and meditation this morning, the first verse I read was Isaiah 65:1-3 I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, ‘Here I am, here I am! All day long I opened my arms to (my own people) a rebellious people. But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes. All day long they insult me to my face by worshipping idols in their sacred gardens. My spirit was crushed. It's as if I could visualize God being a light at the end of the tunnel, cheering us on. Saying, come on you can do it! Just a little further now, hold on! I know it seems dark, I'm over here. Stay focused. Don't lose hope, don't give up now! I'm right here. Instead of us keeping our eyes stayed on Him, at the very moment we felt like we couldn't go any further, the devil showed up an inch in front of you saying, psst, over here. I know a short cut, follow me. Now as children of God, we know the devil when he shows his ugly face. His offers are always so tempting however, we tend to forget in that moment, that they are always short lived. In Isaiah 65, God is saying to us, I'm right here, but you keep falling into the traps of the devil. The short lived thrills, you disrespect me to my face. All that I have done for you. I have never failed you!
Isaiah 65 has a brighter side, further in. Vs. 17 Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth,
and no one will even think about the old ones anymore. No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life. No longer will people be considered old at one hundred! Only the cursed will die that young! In those days people will live in the houses they build and eat the fruit of their own vineyards. Unlike the past, invaders will not take their houses and confiscate their vineyards. For my people will live as long as trees, and my chosen ones will have time to enjoy their hard-won gains. God said if you just follow me, when I come back look at all the wonderful things you will experience in the new heaven and the new earth. We all know John 3:16, if not here it is: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. Don't you want the things God is describing in Isaiah 65? I know I do.
So we must remember, God is right there. Even if it doesn't feel like it right now, He is. Remember when you felt like this the last time? Last time meaning, in the past. Meaning, you came through it. He can and will do it again. But you have to hold on and be strong. In Psalms 62:8 My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. When we are facing a storm or in the middle of a storm, God wants us to run to Him, seek shelter in Him. Don't fall for the traps and snares of the devil. We know his "glory" is only for a moment. God's glory is forever. We have to cover ourselves with the word and the promises of God we find there.
I leave you with this, John 3:18-21 There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.” We have all had times in our lives, when we have done something we hope never sees the light of day. God knows about those things, and He still loves us. So we must confess our sins to God and he will forgive us and cast those sins into the sea of forgetfulness. Trust Him to see you through whatever you are facing today family. I know that these verses were for me and I hope they spoke to your heart as well.
Dear Heavenly Father,
We come to you today, some of us with heavy hearts. We could hear you coaching us through this test and at our weakest moment we chose to follow the devil because we didn't think we could go any further. Lord, we ask you to forgive us for those transgressions. Father, we realize today, as you said in your word that you are here. YOU ARE RIGHT HERE! We know you love us and we seek shelter in you today. We declare and we trust your word saying that you are our refuge and place of safety. Continue to dwell in our hearts and our minds today Lord. Please don't forsake us because we strayed. We need you father more today than yesterday. We know we are nearing our breakthrough and we speak VICTORY over our situations. In Jesus name, Amen
Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2
Monday, August 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment