Extra! Extra!

Friday, August 5, 2011

My Season of Transformation...

Good Morning All!!!!!

If you can't tell I am so excited.  God is about to show out over here.  I can't get my seat belt buckled fast enough! :-).  Last night, I made the decision that I needed to go on a 30 day fast.  Not just from food, because that's part of this plan too, but from distractions.  So, I logged out of facebook, twitter, and foursquare and posted a status update, stating that I am taking a break because God is trying to speak to me and I need to give Him my undivided attention.  So as my final post on FB for the next 30 days, I posted this scripture Psalms 143: 7-8 Come quickly, Lord, and answer me for my depression deepens.  Don’t turn away from me, or I will die.  Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you.  Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.  So this morning my phone rings, and it is a call that is the beginning of a life changing season on the horizion.  Recall in the previous verse, "let me hear of your unfailing love each morning"?  Yes, my God is about to show out.  You just wait and see.  I declare and decree that each morning God will continue to show Himself to me.

So just like David, in Psalms 143, I'm in a place in my life where I need direction.  I have allowed the trials and tribulations of life overtake to me and my spirit is getting weak.  I know some of you may want to pretend like you have never felt like you were drowning in the sea of life. But right now,  I'm so deep all you can see is my forehead.  So last night I came to a crossroads, either I could allow myself to drown, or I could stretch out my hand and call for help.  I chose the latter, and God has already began to move on my behalf this morning.  I dare you trust God with your life.  It will be the best decision you ever make.

I'm not sure about you all, but when things are going wrong the first thing the devil tries to do is hit me with his words of "wisdom". If you call yourself a child of God why would you make a decision like that?  How did you end up here?  Why do you keep going to church?  It isn't helping.  You are still down in dirt, you are still nothing.  You see that is what he wants you to believe.  He wants us to stop going to church and stop reading our Bibles and give up on God.  Tell me this, when has the devil ever blessed you?  When has the devil ever provided for you?  When has the devil ever made a way out of no way?  I'll wait.  No matter how hard your life has been, guess what?  You are still here  Meaning God has granted you grace and mercy and there is still time to come to Him.  I don't know about you today, but I need Him now!  So whatever I have to do to get closer to Him, I'm going to do it.  No matter what I have to give up, who I have to walk away from, I'm following Him!

I read a passage of scripture today in Psalms 119 (when you get a chance read the whole chapter) but vs. 41-45 Lord, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me.  Then I can answer those who taunt me, for I trust in your word.  Do not snatch your word of truth from me, for your regulations are my only hope.  I will keep on obeying your instructions forever and ever.  I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments.  Can you relate to David's cry to God?  I sure can.  When I came to my crossroads last night I chose to follow the path of salvation.  Which road witll you choose?

Dear Lord,

Thank you for this awesome word today.  Father we thank you for being our Bread of Life.  Thank you Lord that even though right now we may be weak, you are strong.  We want to follow you Lord!  We pray right now you fill us with the Holy Spirit so that when the enemy tries to rise up against us, we will have the whole armor of God, therefore we can be strong in battle.  We know that no weapon formed against us shall prosper.  We give ourselves to you completely today Lord.  We want to live holy and righteous.  We want our lives to be living examples of you.  Father, give us strength that when the devil tries to throw our past in our faces that we remember you have already paid the price and we have already been forgiven.  Give us the strength Father to press forward in your kingdom.  In Jesus name we praise and thank you Lord,

Amen



Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment