One thing you may noticed about my blog is that I often repeat or remind you of past epiphanies. Well today will be no different :-)! In a previous post, I told you all that just because the door is open, you don't have to walk through it. Well God sent me that test and I almost walked into a "blessing" for somebody else.
Sometimes God allows things that look like "blessings" to be presented to you to see if you have been paying attention and if indeed you are ready. If you will know when the devil is trying to deceive or trick you Well this happened to me two weeks ago. I described it in my blog that it was single-handily, one of the greatest things that I had ever been blessed with. Well I did a little research and guess what? It is indeed an awesome blessing!!!!! Just not for me. I mean with everything going on in this season of my life, it fit in perfectly, so I thought. Now I know, God was saying this my child is a test.
See God wants me to understand that everything that looks good, may indeed be good for someone, just not necessarily for me. Having a personal relationship with God and asking Him to show you who you really are, provides you with the discernment of knowing if something is really for you. That's why sometimes when we get things, we shout hallelujah to the top of our lungs and thank God for this blessing. When it really didn't come from God, it was forced by you. If it isn't of God, He can't bless it. If the thing you think is a blessing causes you to have to compromise yourself negatively in anyway, then it can't be of God. If you are in God, you know who you are and there is no reason for you to be anyone else but you, a child of God. So let go of it and consider it a lesson learned.
I heard something in bible study last night that truly blessed me. Everything good isn't good for YOU! This is why Proverbs 3:5-6 is so important. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. God will never lead you astray.
So I don't know who this word is for, but God is saying to you if you have to struggle that hard to keep it (man, woman, house, car, etc.) then it isn't of me. Let it go. Trust me. Step out on faith and let me show you a real blessing from me.
Dear Lord,
We thank you for your awesome grace and mercy. We thank you for your power to turn situations and circumstances around. We pray today that your will be done in our lives. Less of us Lord and more of you. We have had enough of suffering the consequences of our own decisions and what we thought best for us. We are ready Lord and we turn our lives over to you. We declare and decree victory in our lives. In Jesus name, Amen.
As I've said before and I don't mind saying again, God prepares you for every test before you take it or go through it. You just have to make sure you are paying attention. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. God said I know what I'm doing so just let me do it. Don't miss the voice of God today.
I hope today has been blessed.
Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment