Extra! Extra!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Let Him use you!

Good Morning All!  What a beautiful day it is.  Over the weekend, I had conversations with many of my friends, which is not out of the norm.  However, what was abnormal was that all of them seemed to be weighed down by a specific situation/test that they are facing.  Issues ranged from health to job and even family members and not just simple things, intense life changing issues.  Some of them seemed helpless like there was no resolution.  I want to share a word with you a word that I have been hearing over and over for the past 3 days.  God's is growing your faith and preparing you for your purpose!!!

I know I made a relevant post on Saturday but, I received more confirmation this morning during prayer and meditation that God wants to take some us higher.  This morning while reading another very familiar story of the miraculous power of God in John 9,  I saw a verse that I had never seen before.  We have all heard about the blind man that God gave sight, right?  As I'm reading, I think, I already know about this.  But I decided to read it anyway.  In verse 2, the disciples ask Jesus, why was the man born blind?  He said it was so that God could show what He can do for him.  Somebody say, Let Him use you!  God wants to use you and your circumstance to show His power.  We have all heard the song lyrics that say these trials are just a test of your faith.  Well, if you didn't believe it before, believe it now.  What you are going through will either increase your faith or totally wipe it out.  Are you willing to be a vessel and let God use you?

I don't know exactly what you are going through but what I do know is that God didn't bring you this far to leave you here.  Remember in class when your teacher would ask for a volunteer?  Well think of yourself as a chosen volunter.  God thought enough of you and your faith to use you to show someone else how great He is.  In the end, you already know God is going to exceedingly bless you!  So trust that He will see you through this.  One thing about God is when He brings you out, its better than you went in.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for showing us that you are seeking to grow our faith in you.  You don't want us to limit you with little faith.  Lord that we will continue to look to you as we walk through these storms of life.  Thank you in advance Lord that you are going to bring us out better than we went in.  In Jesus name, Amen!

I want to leave you with this statement today.  If you still aren't convinced that God is in control no matter how out of control it looks to you.  Allow me share this with you.  Remember the story of Lazarus?  His sisters sought after Jesus to come and save their brother and not let him die.  Jesus said, ok I'm coming.  Well guess what?  If you know the story, He died and was buried in a tomb.  To some of us, that situation looked like God forgot about them and it was over.  But, rememeber God said, I'm coming.  And just like He said He would a few days after Lazarus was buried, He showed up and as the old folks say, SHOWED OUT!!!!! God raised Lazarus from the dead.  If God had come when Lazarus' sisters called, that wouldn't cause them to have stretch their faith.  God wanted to grow their faith!  If God has spoken to you friends and told you I got this.  No matter how bad it seems to you.  Don't give up, don't give in.  He can do anything but fail.  Have an awesome week.


Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment