Happy Hump Day Family! It is so awesome to wake to the rising of a new sun, signaling a brand new day is here. A new day brings the signs of God's new grace and mercy, allowing us another opportunity to get it right, another opportunity to fulfill our God ordained purpose.
So this morning, I came across this verse John 12:43 They were more concerned about what people thought of them than about what God thought of them. This verse in itself is a sermon. We say we are children of God and declare we want to do God's will but, who influences our decisions? How many times have you said to yourself, let me just do it this way so I don't have to hear so and so's mouth? Ok, I'm the only one, I'll accept that. When was the last time you said No, I'm going to do it this way because this is how God said handle it no matter what anyone else thinks?
If you are a faithful follower of my blog, you know that everything has a purpose and plan in God's eyesight. The good, the bad, and yes even the ugly are a part of God's plan to bring you to your purpose. Throughout His word, God tells us if we follow Him, if we trust Him, He will rain down the windows of Heaven's blessings in our lives. Isaiah 54:4 Don’t be afraid, because you won’t be put to shame. Don’t be discouraged, because you won’t be disgraced. God said be bold for me! Stand up and declare I am your Lord and savior. Stop worrying about what other people think. What have other people ever done for you?
We should fear the wrath of God more than the wrath of people because eternal life is with Him. He told us in Isaiah 54:17 that any tongue that speaks judgement against us would be condemned. So in other words just do what God said and let Him handle the rest. So will you boldly stand for God? Will you do the unpopular thing to please God? Will you standout out from the crowd and proudly serve God?
Dear Father,
Thank you Lord for this awesome revelation. Lord, we repent for our selfish decision making. We repent Lord for seeking to please man before you. Lord we ask that you renew our minds and cleanse our hearts. We want to be living examples for you. We know that if we follow you on the pathway of righteousness we can't go wrong. We know that we may stumble but we will not fall. Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy. In Jesus name, Amen.
Allow me to leave you with these verses today. Jeremiah 8:4,7 says When someone falls, he gets back up. When someone turns away from me, he returns. My people don’t know that I, the Lord, am urging them to return. You may think that you have strayed to far from the will of God, but I'm hear to tell you that isn't true. It's never to late to come back. As the word shows He is waiting on you. He knows his children will sometimes wonder off into the wilderness but He wants you to come back home. Lord I am home.
Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment