Are you believing God for something?
If he were to bless you with it, could He trust you to glorify Him with it or for it?
Proverbs 3:5 says: Trust in the LORD with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding
I often find myself saying, “ I Trust God”. I have even been told to trust God will work a situation out. However, I’ve never been asked does God trust me.
I recall Sunday something that my Pastor said on that resonated in my spirit so much, I wrote it in HUGE bold letters in my notes. TO TRUST SOMEONE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP!
An there it was...what I now call my EPIPHANY from God :-). If I say I put my faith/trust in God, then I would have to have a relationship with him. Meaning I know Him and I've spent time getting to know Him.
Now, for those of us that have children, you wouldn't drop your children off at the corner with a woman standing there in a pretty dress because she "looks" like you can trust her, would you?. I know I wouldn't. So how do you proclaim to trust or have faith in God when you don't even know Him. You don't spend time trying to get to know him.
Well as you get to know a person and spend time with them, you establish a relationship and begin to establish TRUST. You can have FAITH in them. By establishing this relationship, you know, just how far you can go with this person. Whether you can share EVERYTHING or you can’t say more to them than Hi or it will turn into a storybook of elaborations (wink, wink), you know what I’m getting at. These relationships can be destroyed by the very thing they were built upon. When the TRUST is broken, we feel that person no longer respects us and we no longer respect them. Our relationship with God is very much like this. The difference between us and God is that He is a forgiving God. We can often be a not so forgiving people.
For example, In 30 years of my life, if I asked my earthly father to do something, he would say Naila I will do it and guess what? He's did it! If he said at the end of next year, Naila I am going to buy you a Mercedes (☺ you have to speak it into existence) I don’t have to worry because I know at the end of the 2012, I’m going to get it. I didn’t have to worry or stress over whether he was going to do it, because he‘s never let me down. Of course, now I may keep talking to him about it, and saying Dad please will you get it for me today and he may say things to me like, not now or the time hasn't come yet. But, because of the relationship that I have with him, the history that I have with him, he has a record of never letting me down. Going even further than that, because I know my earthly father has never let me down, there is not a devil in Hell that can tell me that he would go back on his word.
Now can you tell me why, if you have a relationship with God, you lose sleep at night over a situation? No one on this earth has died FOR ME. Although I know my earthly father would, he hasn't and I trust him. So why wouldn't I trust God?
Here is why you need to have a relationship so that He can bless you because He trust you:
2Corinthians 9:8 states: God is able to give you even more blessings than you need. In all things you will always have all you need for yourselves, and you will have enough to help all others.
In other words, when he blesses you he is going to give you more than enough so that you can bless others as He has blessed you. How have you handled the things He's already blessed you with?
I know I haven't always lived up to my end of the bargain and I have been abundantly blessed! Some of the mistakes I've made in my life...whew! But guess what, the Lord kept me. He's never let me fall. So I don't doubt that in this time/season of my life He won't come through.
Hebrews 13:8 states: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
So if He brought me out without doubt before, He will do it again! If you have a Relationship with God. You know that you can trust God. You know that God gave you a word saying that you will be healed, Guess what? There shouldn’t be a devil in Hell that can tell you any different. If God told you that you will own a business, guess what you may be 65 years old but if you have a relationship with God , Guess what? No matter how many deals have fallen through God is going to make you a business owner.
We have to stop trying to rush God. We need to establish a relationship with Him and when the appointed time comes He will not fail. It may seem dark and hopeless, but we serve a God of hope and deliverance. Believe that God is preparing you for something great. All of your test and trials, means something.
Do you have a relationship with God? If He were to bless you with that thing you are believing for today, could He trust you to glorify Him with it?
I leave you with this…
For every setback, God has prearranged a comeback. For every failure, God has prearranged mercy. For every disappointment, God has prearranged restoration. For every unfair thing God has prearranged vindication.-Joel O
If he were to bless you with it, could He trust you to glorify Him with it or for it?
Proverbs 3:5 says: Trust in the LORD with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding
I often find myself saying, “ I Trust God”. I have even been told to trust God will work a situation out. However, I’ve never been asked does God trust me.
I recall Sunday something that my Pastor said on that resonated in my spirit so much, I wrote it in HUGE bold letters in my notes. TO TRUST SOMEONE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP!
An there it was...what I now call my EPIPHANY from God :-). If I say I put my faith/trust in God, then I would have to have a relationship with him. Meaning I know Him and I've spent time getting to know Him.
Now, for those of us that have children, you wouldn't drop your children off at the corner with a woman standing there in a pretty dress because she "looks" like you can trust her, would you?. I know I wouldn't. So how do you proclaim to trust or have faith in God when you don't even know Him. You don't spend time trying to get to know him.
Well as you get to know a person and spend time with them, you establish a relationship and begin to establish TRUST. You can have FAITH in them. By establishing this relationship, you know, just how far you can go with this person. Whether you can share EVERYTHING or you can’t say more to them than Hi or it will turn into a storybook of elaborations (wink, wink), you know what I’m getting at. These relationships can be destroyed by the very thing they were built upon. When the TRUST is broken, we feel that person no longer respects us and we no longer respect them. Our relationship with God is very much like this. The difference between us and God is that He is a forgiving God. We can often be a not so forgiving people.
For example, In 30 years of my life, if I asked my earthly father to do something, he would say Naila I will do it and guess what? He's did it! If he said at the end of next year, Naila I am going to buy you a Mercedes (☺ you have to speak it into existence) I don’t have to worry because I know at the end of the 2012, I’m going to get it. I didn’t have to worry or stress over whether he was going to do it, because he‘s never let me down. Of course, now I may keep talking to him about it, and saying Dad please will you get it for me today and he may say things to me like, not now or the time hasn't come yet. But, because of the relationship that I have with him, the history that I have with him, he has a record of never letting me down. Going even further than that, because I know my earthly father has never let me down, there is not a devil in Hell that can tell me that he would go back on his word.
Now can you tell me why, if you have a relationship with God, you lose sleep at night over a situation? No one on this earth has died FOR ME. Although I know my earthly father would, he hasn't and I trust him. So why wouldn't I trust God?
Here is why you need to have a relationship so that He can bless you because He trust you:
2Corinthians 9:8 states: God is able to give you even more blessings than you need. In all things you will always have all you need for yourselves, and you will have enough to help all others.
In other words, when he blesses you he is going to give you more than enough so that you can bless others as He has blessed you. How have you handled the things He's already blessed you with?
I know I haven't always lived up to my end of the bargain and I have been abundantly blessed! Some of the mistakes I've made in my life...whew! But guess what, the Lord kept me. He's never let me fall. So I don't doubt that in this time/season of my life He won't come through.
Hebrews 13:8 states: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
So if He brought me out without doubt before, He will do it again! If you have a Relationship with God. You know that you can trust God. You know that God gave you a word saying that you will be healed, Guess what? There shouldn’t be a devil in Hell that can tell you any different. If God told you that you will own a business, guess what you may be 65 years old but if you have a relationship with God , Guess what? No matter how many deals have fallen through God is going to make you a business owner.
We have to stop trying to rush God. We need to establish a relationship with Him and when the appointed time comes He will not fail. It may seem dark and hopeless, but we serve a God of hope and deliverance. Believe that God is preparing you for something great. All of your test and trials, means something.
Do you have a relationship with God? If He were to bless you with that thing you are believing for today, could He trust you to glorify Him with it?
I leave you with this…
For every setback, God has prearranged a comeback. For every failure, God has prearranged mercy. For every disappointment, God has prearranged restoration. For every unfair thing God has prearranged vindication.-Joel O
No comments:
Post a Comment