Extra! Extra!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why Me?

I've always been told not to question God? It's easier said than done. I know at one time or another in your life you have asked "Lord, Why me?!"

Well last night the subject of Bible Study was Dealing with Difficulty. Pastor Van gave us four reasons for difficulty.
1. ourselves
2. other people
3. the enemy
4. God

I understand:
#1 ourselves, Galatians 6:7 What a man soweth, that shall he reap. So I know some of the trials we experience because of decisions we have made at sometime or another in our life.
#2 other people, Exodus 20:5-6 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Generational sins, I do understand that.
#3 the enemy, John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  I think we all understand this one.
But it was #4 God, that I received my Epiphany about.

God said to me people are watching you. They need to know if this God you speak so highly of is real. People are really hurting. They are going through some truly rough times and need something to cling to. They keep hearing people speak of "God" and they want to try him but aren't sure. If all people see are the big houses, fancy cars, and nice clothes that isn't going to make them say I want to serve God too, or maybe it will. But my belief is, people are looking at how you handle situations thrown at you. People are going through things and want to know how you, as the old folks say, GOT OVER :-).

1Peter 2:20 states: But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it?
But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

So in my Epiphany, I believe God is saying its ok to question me, but you need to change your question. Instead of Why me? Ask God, How can my test be a testament to you? God how will this situation be used to your glory? You may get an answer (this goes back to the relationship post) then again you may not, it may not be meant for you to know. You never know God may have chosen you for this test to bless someone else. Again you never know who is watching. So it's an honor God thought enough that you would handle it in the right way, enough to be an example for someone else.

So now knowing that there is a possibility that God is allowing a test or trial in your life to deliver someone else, we have to be mindful of our reaction to situations. Again, if we have faith and trust (relationship) in God we shouldn't break down at the site of trouble. We need to prepare for battle. Get in the word and get closer to God and ask Him to lead and guide you through this test. Isaiah 26:20 says:  Go my people, enter your rooms and shut the door behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed.  Believe me the reward will be great. Just think of the self gratification you feel when you have done something good to help someone else. Just think of how great your reward will be if you don't know you are helping someone else and you handle the situation like you know you are a child of God. Wow, I want to be connected to that person. Well sometimes your test and trials are a matter of life and death for someone else. It may be the difference between them choosing God or not choosing Him.

Now, what if the test or trial is for me? Glad you asked. So in my last post we agreed some of us are expecting God to do something in our lives right? Well God knows us better than we know ourselves. So God knows that some of us have "personal boundaries" things we tell ourselves we wouldn't ever do. We cross these boundaries all the time. Oh ok well, maybe its just me. You guys are perfect right? :-) (just kidding) but, if we are believing God for something, sometimes it is necessary for us to step out of our comfort zone to get it. Already knowing these things about us, God will present a test to see how bad you want it. Your actions depends on His reaction. (I'm going to let you dwell on that a moment, because that was good). Ok back to work. So if you don't have a personal relationship with God you don't know what you are supposed to do. You may take this as, it must not be meant to be. Have you ever heard the expression, "Anything worth having is worth fighting for?" Well its true, God wants you to fight. You are in the fight for your life. Remember that old gospel song, "I'm gonna stay on the battlefield, til I die". So maybe God sent you to this uncomfortable place because this was the only way He could get you to stop and listen to Him. You ran out of gas 5 miles away from home so that you would meet someone that would change your life and had the resources to help you with your dream. You may have been evicted and forced to live on the street or somewhere VERY UNCOMFORTABLE so that you would listen. Believe me, God has a reason for your season. So be patient. God had to wait on you to even get where you needed to be so He can speak to you. As Pas Van said last night some of us are slow learners so our season may be a little longer than others.

I think I've said enough, I won't bore you any longer. But I will leave you with the scripture that my Pastor gave us:

2Cor 4:17 These LITTLE TROUBLES, which are TEMPORARY, are winning for us a PERMANENT, GLORIOUS and SOLID REWARD all out of proportion to our pain.
In other words, these things though we may think are huge are small troubles in God's eyes and they are only TEMPORARY. So remember when you are going through your storm remind yourself this is only temporary and I'm closer than I think to my break through. God said when the battle is over you will WIN a PERMANENT, GLORIOUS, SOLID REWARD that will be just as big as you thought the battle was.

So go ahead, question God now.

Have a great day family! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment