For those of us that are saved and declare that Jesus is the Lord of our lives, we have all heard that Jesus died for our sins. God's will is on your life. We have all heard the phrase, He died so we could live. But do you really know what that means...I thought I did until today.
In my time of meditation and prayer this morning I came across Heb 9:16-20. The verses simply state:
In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, 17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. 18 This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. 19 When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. 20 He said, "This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.
I was lke whoooooooaaaaa! Wait a minute. So what you are telling me is that the same way when we die on Earth and leave behind a will. Jesus died so that "We" (children of God/believers) could have access to His will. He died so I could have access to my inheritnce. Ok well maybe I'm the only one. Maybe I'm late. I always knew Jesus died for my sins and that He came so that I could have life and an abunance of it. But I didn't really understand that, until now!
So think of Jesus sitting down and wrting out a will. In this will it states,
I Jesus Christ, hereby leave to my children:
Strength (Proverbs 46:1) God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.
Protection (Isaiah 54:17) No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
(Psalms 46:1) God is our refuge and strength, an evr present help in trouble.
Favor (Romans 8:31) What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Forgiveness(Isaiah 54:4) Fear not; you will no longer live in shame. Don’t be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you. You will no longer remember the shame of your youth and the sorrows of widowhood.
...And this is only the beginning! There is so much more. I'm so thankful that He loved us enough to die for us. I don't know where you are in your life or even what you have done. But what and who I do know is me. I know for a fact I didn't deserve it. He did it anyway.
What if an attorney called you today and said Hi my name is Atty Jones. I'm calling to inform you that your Great-Great Uncle Jim on your mother's step-father's side is sick and asked to see you. Well you go off to see him and you guys just click. You tell him that life just hasn't been kind to you. A week later you get a call from an Attorney saying Uncle Jim died and left a will and you are in it. I need you to come and claim your inheritance. Of course you want to know what he left you. Right? He goes on to tell you...and you realize you are gonna be rich. So most of us are going to go meet the atty today. But what if for some reason you say, you know what I don't need it. I'm good. If you don't choose to accept God as your saviour, you are doing the same thing. You are telling Him, I know I may not have a great life but I'm good with the way it is. I know you died so that it could be better but, you know what I'm straight. What a slap in the face. Don't "slap God in the face" submit to Him.
The best part is I didn't have to go out and prove myself worthy before he died for me or before He gave me access to His will. Romans 5:8 says But God has shown us how much He loves us, it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us. Another thing is his will has no limit. There is not a certain number of people who can have it. You can give your life to God today and have access to ALL of this.
In my time of meditation and prayer this morning I came across Heb 9:16-20. The verses simply state:
In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, 17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. 18 This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. 19 When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. 20 He said, "This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.
I was lke whoooooooaaaaa! Wait a minute. So what you are telling me is that the same way when we die on Earth and leave behind a will. Jesus died so that "We" (children of God/believers) could have access to His will. He died so I could have access to my inheritnce. Ok well maybe I'm the only one. Maybe I'm late. I always knew Jesus died for my sins and that He came so that I could have life and an abunance of it. But I didn't really understand that, until now!
So think of Jesus sitting down and wrting out a will. In this will it states,
I Jesus Christ, hereby leave to my children:
Strength (Proverbs 46:1) God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.
Protection (Isaiah 54:17) No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
(Psalms 46:1) God is our refuge and strength, an evr present help in trouble.
Favor (Romans 8:31) What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Forgiveness(Isaiah 54:4) Fear not; you will no longer live in shame. Don’t be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you. You will no longer remember the shame of your youth and the sorrows of widowhood.
...And this is only the beginning! There is so much more. I'm so thankful that He loved us enough to die for us. I don't know where you are in your life or even what you have done. But what and who I do know is me. I know for a fact I didn't deserve it. He did it anyway.
What if an attorney called you today and said Hi my name is Atty Jones. I'm calling to inform you that your Great-Great Uncle Jim on your mother's step-father's side is sick and asked to see you. Well you go off to see him and you guys just click. You tell him that life just hasn't been kind to you. A week later you get a call from an Attorney saying Uncle Jim died and left a will and you are in it. I need you to come and claim your inheritance. Of course you want to know what he left you. Right? He goes on to tell you...and you realize you are gonna be rich. So most of us are going to go meet the atty today. But what if for some reason you say, you know what I don't need it. I'm good. If you don't choose to accept God as your saviour, you are doing the same thing. You are telling Him, I know I may not have a great life but I'm good with the way it is. I know you died so that it could be better but, you know what I'm straight. What a slap in the face. Don't "slap God in the face" submit to Him.
The best part is I didn't have to go out and prove myself worthy before he died for me or before He gave me access to His will. Romans 5:8 says But God has shown us how much He loves us, it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us. Another thing is his will has no limit. There is not a certain number of people who can have it. You can give your life to God today and have access to ALL of this.
Beautiful naila. Me n April has had many coversations on accepting gifts and blessings from people and the lord because if u don't then u are blocking that blessing from that person to recieve this is a great blog. I love reading your insights its very straight forward and understandable. Great job girl keep up the good work love you
ReplyDeleteThanks Asia! I appreciate your support. I love you too!
ReplyDelete