Extra! Extra!

Friday, July 15, 2011

I don't want to be shaken or stirred!

So yesterday, I was feeling a little defeated by a situation. It was ABOUT TO get the best of me. This morning I woke up about 4 and my heart was so heavy. So I just started praying...I asked God to speak to my heart and show me the path I should take. Afterwards, I laid back down and went to sleep. Later I woke up to have my daily prayer and meditation time and my Epiphany came from Hebrews 12.
Hebrews 12: 7-11 states, Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate children at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had parents who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 Our parents disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
There it was so simple and so plain. I know everyone has been told by their parents, I spank you because I love you. You didn't understand it until later in life. I also know that we see people sometimes and say they should have been spanked as a child. Well God is our father, and he has to discipline so that we are prepared for what life throws us. Sometimes we know we have done wrong and deserve to reap the consequences of our actions. Others times we have no idea why we are going through things. So I believe He was saying to me don't feel like I have forgotten you or l don't love you because I discipline you or you are struggling with something. You need to know the next time your are tempted by the devil and yes, there will be a next time how to handle it.

Hebrews 12:26-29 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”[e] 27 The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”


Going back to Wednesday's post about having a relationship with God. In Smoky Norful's song "I Need You Now", He sings a verse that says "Test and Trials come to make us strong". You need to be grounded in the word and have a relationship with Him so that you will have what you need to go through your storm and come out on the other side stronger. If you have a relationship with Him you won't quit and risk missing your blessing.

So if you are being shaken and stirred today, don't fret. He wants you to know he sends these test and trials because He loves you and as you grow in your faith and your walk with Him you will be stronger and in the end receive the greatest reward ETERNAL LIFE.

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY AND AN AWESOME WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment