So I thought today's topic would be; I got rid of my leftovers, but just like God, He gave me a different word concerning my life. So last night, I was thinking about all the things I want (material things and goals) I want to accomplish or acquire before leaving this Earth. So I sat down with my son Khalil and I decided that we would make a list. I explained to him this would be a continuous list of "Things we are standing on the promises of God and believing him for" (that's the name of the list, long title I know). After making the list, I went back through my notes from church, bible study, and daily meditation and I listed and attached a number of scriptures that contained the promises of God (I have listed a few of them on the main page under a tab called the Promises of God). I started this list after my Pastor issued a challenge to the congregation to attach a promise to your problem. I tell you it changed the way I pray COMPLETELY! So I thought surely if I can do that with my problems, I can apply that same principle to my DREAMS! So my son and I prayed over our list, reminded God of his promises, and went to bed.
Well, during my time of prayer and meditation this morning, I was reading James 2. James 2:17 Faith by itself if not accompanied by actions, is dead. Well there it is my Epiphany. If I want to reap the harvest of God's blessings, I have got to accompany it with work. Well I know that I can't just sit on the couch and say Lord I sure do want some Church's chicken. All I really want is some Church's chicken. I would give up my right arm right now for some Church's chicken. OK you get the point. But in all of that, if I don't get up and drive myself to Church's or at least ask someone to go for me. Guess what? No Church's chicken for me. The same principle applies to life if you don't go out there and get it, then how do you suppose it will come to you? Yes you do have to speak of things that aren't as though they were, but there is a little more that you have to do.
So with all that being said, you have to sow a seed. I'm not necessarily speaking of money. However, the principle of tithing is very important. There are other seeds that you should sow as well. The principles of seed time and harvest are very powerful. You may be like me and aren't really sure how? In reality, we sow seeds all the time and often reap the harvest without knowing it. For example, we sow the seed of labor (going to work) and reap the harvest of our paycheck. So I will share with you one of my goals. My son and I listed we want the home of our dreams. Not just any home but one we customize with all the bells and whistles. We told God where we want it and what we wanted in it. Well God spoke this morning to me during meditation and said you need to help someone else build the home of their dreams. So Habitat for Humanity here I come! See I believe God's word in Luke 16:10,“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, So I am believing that if I stand on that promise and sow positive seeds and contributing my time to blessing others to reach their dreams, I trust that God will send someone in my life to bless me with my dreams. If you are believing God for a better job. You may have been on your job for several years, and have become comfortable in the position. You have learned all the loop holes and ins and outs for getting by and truly don't give a complete work day. If you change that routine and begin sowing the seed of excellence in your work and the seed of going above and beyond. You will be amazed at how God will move on your behalf.
Remember this scripture when sowing into the lives of others: 2 Corinthians 9:6 says: Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. So if you are expecting a big move of God. You better sow generous seeds :-)!
I do want to say this before I close, our list doesn't just contain big things, it contains small things too. Like my son is asking God to bless him with new cleats for his baseball tournament next week. You may say Naila, why not just buy the child the cleats. Buying him cleats isn't the issue. What we have to understand is, we serve a big God, but that doesn't mean only take to Him the big stuff. Philippians 4:6 says: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. There is nothing to big or small that he won't provide. Even what we see as our biggest problems are trivial to Him. So if we will raise our children to trust in a being so fictitious as Santa Claus for all their wants, why not raise them to believe in the true and LIVING God!
Happy Monday guys! Be blessed and above all be a blessing.
Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2
Monday, July 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment