Extra! Extra!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

WAIT!!!!!

I keep hearing this word...God keeps saying to me wait! You have tried it a million times on your own and where has it gotten you?  So why can't you wait.  My reward and favor is permanent.  It's not temporary or short-lived like the successes you have experienced before.  Mine is permanent and well worth the wait.  So again, I say wait.

Listen family, I know you are tired.  Please hold on.  I'm telling you, in this season of my life I have been seeking  the heart of God more than I ever have in my entire life.  My flesh gets weak and I pray harder and every time I go to God and say Lord I can't take anymore He says wait.  James 5:11 says God blessed those who take their troubles quietly and keep on believing.  God is full of grace and mercy.  So hold on.  God has already promised us that trials and tests are only temporary.  In His word it says they are meant to teach us patience, endurance, and prepare us to handle the blessings waiting for us at the finish line.  So don't give up.  I see so many of my friends growing weary and wanting to throw up their hands.  Let me remind you, Psalms 77:7-12  says Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again?  Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time?  Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?”  Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:  the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.  I will remember the deeds of the LORD;  yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.  I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” The person writing this Psalm is saying God, just when I was about to give up, just when I was about to given in, throw in the towel, give the devil place, I remembered.  I remembered how great you are, I remembered all the mess I was in before and how you delivered me.  You have never turned your back on me.  So I'm going to praise you now because I know, you are going to do it again. 

In James 5:7-8 the word says See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.  You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.  God wants us to use this time to draw closer to Him.  Get in His word and consult God about the plan He has for your life.  I can guarantee it is nothing like the one you have mapped out.  No matter how simple or cut and dry it appears to you.  I can promise you it is millions of miles away from what He has mapped out.  I know some of us can look back over our lives and say I never thought I would end up here.  Remember, it is all part of the plan.

I know this may not have been the word you wanted to hear today, but I'm telling you, God has something great in store for you.  You have to be willing to show Him that you trust Him enough to wait.

Dear Heavenly Father, we come to you today with heavy hearts and minds filled with questions.  Questions that only you have the answers for God.  We know that you keep giving us the word wait, but Father we are weary.  Your word says,  they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength...they shall run and not get weary, walk and not faint.  God please renew a right spirit upon us today.  We hear you Lord and we are going to hold on.  We need you today Lord, the enemy is trying to step in and take place.  But we rebuke him in Jesus name because their is no place here for him or his foolishness.  Your word says to continually offer a sacrifice of praise to you God and openly profess your name.  So Lord we thank you for what you have already done and praise you for what you are about to do.  In Jesus name, Amen.

Family I encourage you that while you are waiting, encourage someone else today.  They may be going through something God has already helped you to overcome.  So be patient family we are all in this together.  Instead of asking God if He has forgotten you, remind God of how He has already delivered you in the past and you know He's going to do it again!



Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment