Extra! Extra!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You said ask and I shall receive. Well Lord, I'm still waiting?!?!

Again, the Lord has checked your girl in the realest way :-)!  I wake up every morning and declare that today is my day of deliverance.  Today is my day of breakthrough.  Now we all know the flesh is weak.  So I say Lord how much longer am I going to have to speak over this thing before you step in and do your thing?  I hope you are ready for this because He gave me an answer, but it sure wasn't what I wanted to hear :-)!  So here it is.

2 James 4:3 you do not have, because you do not ask.  I'm thinking well I have that down to a science, because I'm calling His name all the time with a need or a want.  He said wait, keep reading.  2 James 4:3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.  People I could have been sold for free.  I said Lord!  You didn't have to do me like that.  Now, I have read this scripture before, and it has been given to me in context of a sermon/teaching during church, but I have never heard it the way I did this morning.  God is saying that house, car, job, designer clothes, jewelry, etc that you call on the name of Jesus to bless you with, it's to satisfy your own selfish spirit.  He wants us to eat the good of the land but, to the glory of Him.  Are you asking God to bless you with a job making more money so you can get a car like Mary?  Are you asking God to bless you with some Gucci shoes so you can make a coworker jealous?  Well guess what?  God says you know better and until you do better, the answer is NO!

In 2 James 4:6  God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.  We need to humble ourselves.  Stop walking around thinking because God blessed us to be able to complete our degrees, get great jobs, and make decent money that we are above someone who hasn't made it where we are yet.  One thing about God, if you don't praise Him or give Him credit for what He's done in your life, He can allow it to all be stripped away in the blink of an eye.

Now even though all of what was just said was deep, He wasn't done.  Check this out! 2 James  4:13-17 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.”  Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”  As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil.  So then, if you know the good you ought to do and don’t do it, you sin.  Oh I heard you.  I will wait, you can read that scripture again.  I was like wow God!  Again today, He got me together.  Because I have been believing for some things to come to pass and I didn't think I was boasting only discussing.  God said to me, SHUT UP!  If there is something you want from me, pray about it and ask me what I think?  Stop looking for man's approval and look to me.  None of you know what is best for you because you have no idea what the future holds.  I am the only one with that information.  That endeavour that you thought you had all figured out down to last dotted i and crossed t.  Now you know why it flopped.  Now you know why it fell through. That job you took and thought it would solve all of your problems, now you know why you are miserable.  He said I'm going to tell you one more time Proverbs 3:6  in ALL your ways ACKNOWLEDGE ME and I will direct your path.  Not your mother, father, sister, brother, auntie, cousin, etc but JESUS will direct your path.  He placed some of those people mother, father, pastor, and some friends in your life to give advice, but only God knows His will for your life.

God even showed me a scripture in 2 Chronicles 31:20-21 This is what Hezekiah did throughout Judah, doing what was good and right and faithful before the LORD his God.  In everything that he undertook in the service of God’s temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered. He said if you truly turn that situation, that decision over to me, I will handle it.  God can do ANYTHING BUT FAIL!

Father God, we thank you for this awesome word today.  We vow that from this moment forward we will do nothing without consulting/praying to you.  Right now Lord we turn every decision in our lives that needs to be made over to you.  Every situation that needs a resolution, we turn it over to you.  We give you our family, jobs, cars, homes, our entire lives. Its yours we release them in the name of Jesus.  Your word says in Jeremiah 29:11  For YOU know the plans YOU have for us,plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us hope and a future. So right now in the name of Jesus we give you our past to cast in the see of forgetfulness, our present to guide us back to the pathway of righteousness, and our future to walk in favor and prosperity.  In Jesus name, we thank you and we praise you.  Amen!

Have an awesome day fam!

Do not forget to show kindness to strangers, for by doing so some have shown kindness to angels without knowing it...Hebrews 13:2

1 comment: